In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 904
Online now 799 Record: 5105 (2/14/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Email: AubreyBloom at gmail Follow On Twitter: Twitter.com/AubreyBloom247
He's the one. He's not going anywhere.
He'd be smart to use this year's success and the coaching vacancies to drive up the price of his services for us...
I cant stand giving coaches raises in knee jerk situations like we have in the past but Sumlin is relatively low paid in comparison to the other HCoaches in the State of Tx and in the SEC. It's also obvious that he and this coaching staff had a HUGE role in changing the mental state of this team as far as confidence and mental toughness goes. He deserves a raise, relative to what he's currently making and the job he's done this year on the field.
Give him whatever he wants
I'm sure A&M has more than made back that 2 mil back from JFF revenues.
LULZ to the max at the thought of Loftin, Hyman and BMA's letting Sumlin walk away because of money.
Ain't no stoppin us now, Ags.
He'll be an Ag for a while, Auburn is a Lateral move in my opinion.
There will be alot of talk about coaches and new jobs coming up like every year. I heard on 104.9 The Whorn yesterday that USC might be looking at Sumlin as well. I started feeling anxious and quickly told myself not to worry. [sad]
Def agree with paying Sumlin around 3.5M but what about all of his assistants?
What do they deserve? It would be great of we could keep this staff intact for 2-3 more years (until Johnny graduates?.
A couple of thoughts.
Not a bad idea if you are Auburn to go after Sumlin. There are probably a couple schools of thought about competing against Alabama, LSU, Florida and UGA.
1. Find a coach that does things the way they do and build a direct competition (Strong, deep defenses, Strong running attack, play action passing (e.g. Dan Mullen, MSU)
2. Show the SEC something that break down their defenses and give you a chance to win (e.g. Sumlin, TAMU) while you are building dominant defense.
Here are some reasons why I think Sumlin sticks at A&M.
1. Errbody gonna ride the Johnny Train until the track runs out.
2. Unlikey that Hymen and Sumlin have not already had the raises talk. This is big bucks for A&M, in and out. An Auburn offer will test his market value.
3. Why compete against Saban on his home turf for recruits when you can be the king of Texas recruiting.
4. Why walk into NCAA sanctions that will cripple recruiting.
5. Sumlin has already built something that is worth keeping.
6. Sumlin is smart enough to know that there are many masters at Auburn, both seen and unseen.
7. A&M is the next Power in the SEC.
Oh, what is his ceiling? Somewhere right below Miles who is making about $4M/year and won both the Conference and a Natty. Probably in the Muschamp range...
This post was edited by redleg82 17 months ago
So wait, you are saying he is leaving? ;)
...who the heck seriously knows except God, and Sumlin. ~ Aggiemom6
Unless Sumlin wants to be thrown into a category with the likes of Lane Kiffin and Todd Graham, he won't threaten to talk to other schools after one year.
The proper way to approach it is to let our admin know he has been contacted, that he is not interested, but that he would be interested in discussing his contract situation so things like this don't serve as a distraction in the future.
SEC Coaches Salaries in Millions
Based upon these figures:
1) A.Sumlin was by far the cheapest per win @ 200 k
B.Chizik was most expensive @ 1.66 mil
Sumlin should be payed with the likes of Spurrier Miles and Muschamp and Richt. Personally I think 3.125 would be reasonable based on performance. Don't want to overpay after one year, but based on the looks of things he'd potentially be worth more.
Fuck that give him 4 per and be done with it!
Sumlin just has to much coming together for him here right now with recruiting, new facilities, winning, and JFF. I do however see him using Auburn and other offers the same way Mark Richt used our offer last December as leverage; nothing more. Thank God we have Hyman now for contract negotiations.
Sumlin is worth just below Miles and maybe the same as Muschamp.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports