In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
There are literally more cameras in Hagner for this than there were for Kevin Sumlin's introductory press conference last year.
Email: AubreyBloom at gmail Follow On Twitter: Twitter.com/AubreyBloom247
Who all is there?
Streaming live anywhere?
Mostly just local media from all over the state. Seen a few guys from Austin. Hard to tell who all of the cameras are in the back of the room.
Yes, it's live on AggieAthletics for sure, probably all kinds of places as well.
Can you post a picture?
I just ran into one of my 7th grade teachers who's now an assistant superintendent in Kerrville. He said they've been working with compliance to see what they can do back home if Manziel wins.
What are you wearing Aubs? Are you the one front and center in the AA feed?
Turn around and wave to the camera, Bloom.
That was badass how he ran out to the podium with the smoke screen going off
The Nelly track really set it off, though.
Manziel - Thanking the media first, he'll remember most that they didn't lose a game on the road.
- Getting first team reps and be with the huddle, it just kind of gelled on it's own.
- Just tries to be a laid back guy.
- Isn't working on a Heisman speech or anything, was just focused on getting the team to ten wins this season.
Bloom with the first question: "Johnny, who is your favorite Aggie sports writer that graduated from Kerrville?"
- Summer was a critical mistake and something he had to learn a lot from. Had consequences with Sumlin and his teammates. It's something that's he's made changes in his life after that.
The kicker comment was great
Terrible question by the AggieYell chick.
- A few times that things were overwhelming, times he thought about changing his phone number or something. You have to change where you go and how you do things. Was also overwhelming for his family.
- Didn't get frustrated with schools saying he couldn't play quarterback, he just wanted to play.
- ( I think Courtney just set the record for longest question ever...) - Individual success goes to the other 100 guys on the team, coaching staff and strength staff, without them any of that wouldn't be possible. It could be Patrick Lewis or any of the other offensive linemen standing up there in the spotlight. Whitfield is a guy that he really looks up to, they keep in touch every week.
- You hear time and time again that once you get one offer they start rolling in. Once he got an offer from Rice he started to get more of them here and there.
Waaaaaay too long
Kate Hair from DMN can suck a dick.
Lay off of the arrest questions, damn
Seriously, I hate arrest questions more than the "does it hurt that TCU didn't offer?" stuff.
= What goes through mind after arrest is how many people you let down. Everyone that doesn't want to see things like that happen and you let them down. One of the biggest mistakes of his life. Much more aware of surrounding and what's going on in his life and had to surround himself with a great group of people and his family.
- Apparently a question about his family that owns Harley's...
- Dad still thinks he can beat him in everything, and he's not bad. Can't beat him in golf but probably everything else.
- Would be fun to play Texas but would prepare like any other team.
- Advice to high school quarterbacks would be just to play the game with a passion, play it with all your heart.
- Things started coming week by week. Game still isn't where he'd like it to be. Still watching film during the bye week.
- Hasn't really thought about down the road, focus is on finishing the season.
This can't be because the sips say kerrville isd couldn't wait to get rid of him.
1150 am radio for those of you on the road like me
- Really felt things starting to work in the offseason couldn't wait for fall camp.
- Didn't believe when he first saw his name as part of the Heisman race. Definitely something that's cool but it really started picking up after Alabama but that was a complete team game, offense defense and special teams.
- Friends do a good job of not letting things get to his head. They talk about other players, Jeff Driskel and Braxton Miller, makes him wonder if they even like him, Said it's weird people waving to him at red lights or whatever.
- After the fumble they got at Alabama he just told them let's go and said "it's our time." have to have that confidence in the huddle.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports