In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
This is from a poster on TexAgs, no idea if true:
My best friend works for one of the top companies bidding for the job (Vaughn)...
1) it will be a joint venture project so his company probably wont get the job becuase they hate joint venture projects
2) capacity will be around 105K
3) Stadium will be decked out in suites going for huge money and suite donations are going to be used to fund some of the stadium
4) Stadium exterior will match Blue Bell Park (awesome)
5) It will be a complete tear down and rebuild in one Phase - Forgot to ask does this include the Zone (putting us at Reliant for 1 year)
6) Old ags voted down new stadium somewhere else besides Kyle
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by aggiechip22 20 months ago
Has a few other comments ITT basically saying we're waiting on the suites being bought up (guaranteed funding) before finalizing the plans.
I would be love all of that, especially the matching Blue Bell part
Sweet. Thanks for the details
How credible is said poster? Lying about this stuff should be grounds for castration
Not a clue. Don't have a sub over there, but thought I'd check out as many boards as possible to soak up all the Aggie-goodness. It's almost 3 o'clock and zero work has been done by me today.
Yup; still walking on air here, too
I have 57 unread emails in the inbox. Highly unlikely that number dips below 55 by the end of business today.
1) I'd be surprised that any major construction company would turn down the chance to work on a project this big. Essentially every construction project is a joint venture, so this is my first red flag
2) capacity will be up to 105,000, but I seriously doubt it will happen until we have demand to meet it. Right now our demand is low 90s for season tickets. That will be what they aim for, with an option to add more seats later.
3) yes. That is what all new stadiums do.
4) it would be a good idea to make Blue Bell and Kyle match. But that is just window dressing. I personally don't care about the exterior as long as its loud.
5) I cannot imagine this. There would have to be a seriously compelling reason, and money would only touch it. Especially if they expect to get any bond to tax money from B/CS. And with a half billion dollar price tag, they will need every cent
6) I believe Hyman has confirmed that they aren't looking at moving the location. I don't know if it was Old Ags or just the administration protecting tradition, but if you moved Kyle, you'd have to move all the practice fields, athletic buildings, and the new weight room. The cost to moving Kyle would probably add up to an extra $100 million.
I'm betting this list didn't come from a construction company or anyone attached to it.
Dead dogs should not dictate what happens with Kyle Field. Dig those bitches up! jk...
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports