In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 581
Online now 150 Record: 5105 (2/14/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
ok, i've got a couple questions in regards to what the ags are doing here:
1) are they asking guys to greyshirt so that they decommit and go elsewhere??
2) don't the greyshirts count towards next year's class??
3) with the momentum the staff has, why would they take (lesser) guys that count towards next year's class when they will have the ability to take studs in '14?
4) did sumlin realize he should've waited in taking kids too early and now he's trying to fix it?? [there, i fixed it. now everyone can go back to finding something else to bitc$ and moan about]
This post was edited by gunn25 15 months ago
By effed up you mean recruit a top 10 class and have a 10 win season?
If you do, then yes he effed up real bad.
Win we shall, yes we can, yes we will.
Hamm has said that the staff hasn't forced a grey shirt on anyone. They have simply expressed how they might could help the team by taking one. Ultimately, if the kids don't want to do it, I don't think the staff will make them.
This post was edited by Specht0050 15 months ago
seriously? no, i meant "effed up" as in did he not think this season would turn out to be as good as it did and took players too early when he could've waited for the guys wanting to commit now. your reading comprehension skills obviously need a boost.
Sumlin obviously effed up by not realizing we would go 10-2, beat #1 Bama on the road and have his freshman QB win the Heisman.
jesus, you people are idiots. by "effed up," i mean it in the best way possible. it's a great problem to have. i'm just asking if he is backtracking to figure out ways to take these newer, and more highly ranked, guys over the already committed guys.
Yes, everyone else is an idiot on this thread but you.
But I mean idiot in the best possible way.
This post was edited by AggieGrad98 15 months ago
Recruiting 101: You don't chase ghosts until signing day. You take guys that can help your ball club. That's what Sumlin did. Sherman chased ghosts until signing day and wound up signing guys like Chance Nelson.
Feel free to advise Sumlin next time you see him how to recruit. He really needs the advice.
how bout you go find a new thread, buddy. let hamm or someone who actually knows anything answer on it. mmmmmmmk. thanks.
You seem to be the only one who doesn't know the answers to your questions.
how was i advising sumlin on his recruiting? he's doing just fantastic. i think we can all agree on that. i'm trying to figure out how the hell they plan on doing all this.
then, please, enlighten me on them.
I definitely don't think Sumlin even knew how much success he'd be having in recruiting. From here on out, I think we take things slower with our second tear guys, if we even have those with this staff.
Internet Board Etiquette 101
When every other post on the thread that you started is from you, then it's a bad thread and it's time to stop. Just stop.
Congrats you have the worst thread of the day.
Lets address your questions, as sad as they are.
1) No. They are doing this so they can get players that are more ready to play early.
3) Look at the position we are loading up at. Receiver is pretty soft next year. Outside of KD Cannon, there aren't any in state guys that are clear cut studs. So take a few greyshirts and voila, they are 2014 players.
4) Fix what? Fix taking guys that can help your ball club? Let me ask you a question. Who would you cut if you could cut anyone? There isn't much dead weight in this class. I'd expect it to look better come signing day.
Washington and Wiggins.
Dr Pepper2515 posts
Congrats you have the worst thread of the day.
8 minutes ago via 247Sports Mobile
And here you are. Congrats to you for posting on "the worst thread of the day." You've officially made it.
Don't be mad at me because your thread blows
This entire thread is effed up, not in a good way either.
It's a bad thread, but honestly they are not bad questions. Sumlin obviously has something up his sleeve. He is recruiting like he has 10 spots open right now. At some point he's going to actually have to turn some of these guys away (and I use the term "guys" loosely because every single one of our remaining targets is an elite national recruit...). Think about that. We are either not done letting guys loose from our commit list or we have more than a few guys willing to take a gray shirt. We could take all the guys we're still after and drop a bunch of guys, because, honestly, we'd be upgrading a number of positions. (Even though I love the guys we have committed already). But, that would be a horrible strategy for future recruiting and you'd burn a lot of bridges. I think we will zero in on 3 or 4 guys and stop recruiting some guys we're after now. We can't take them all.
Well this went well.
Just some ground rules that you need if you want to post here...
1) at 247 we are SO advanced that you already need to be a college football recruiting genius with no knowledge gaps... it is definitely not enough that you are a paying member who is generally interested in A&M and supporting the team.
2) You need to be a total homer who wouldn't dare question anything that came out of the Bright Complex... I mean A&M has never made a bad decision re: our football program (at least not in the last 10 years or so - we have been pretty much perfect!)
On that note it is crucial that when we win 10 games in a season, you try really hard to act like we are a dynasty and have been winning 10 games for at least a decade.
Oh yeah, don't waste anyones time asking a question that may have been addressed sometime in the last 14 month or so, it just shows that you are clearly lazy and haven't been keeping up.
I'm just shaking my head... I can't believe you call yourself and Aggie fan.
Look at this morose mfer right here, looks like somebody sh*t in your cereal, BOOONG
I'm sensing a little sarcasm... u get the up vote
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports